Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Stock the quilt store....ideas welcome! >

Stock the quilt store....ideas welcome!

Stock the quilt store....ideas welcome!

Old 04-03-2011, 12:38 AM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

My shop has everything that was mentioned here in this thread,
My shop has one up on all.... Employee class training before they get the job..its soooooo helpful to all customers to have someone who knows what they want and get the right sizes and fabrics for that item..
One thing I would mention is to have a contest on quilts made from costumers and they can win some FQs or pattern or some other thing can be as prizes.. I think that is great
One thing my Fabric place don't have is an area for coffee , but will mention that to them next week for my class..Good luck and best wishes with your store
Old 04-06-2011, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by KandiKane
One thing my Fabric place don't have is an area for coffee , but will mention that to them next week for my class..Good luck and best wishes with your store
It seems that coffee would be an added expense and easily spilled on the floor, on the fabric etc. Sorry, I aways look at the practicality of ideas and everything that could go wrong-comes from working in safety.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:28 AM

That could be a problem, it is suppose to stay in that area only.
And with the books, not to walk around with.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:32 AM

I want to see jelly rolls for sale. I see lots of books about jelly roll quilts but when I go to the shops, they have zip to a few. Very disappointing.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:54 PM

Location: Massachusetts / Vermont === Now in ==Green River Utah = Owner of GreenRiverKOA Campground

OK back from class , did mention to them about the coffee area, and they are putting one in , near the cash out counter also near the front door, they said it was what they were thinking of and it will be only in that area with a sign saying, not to roam around with it. the area will have a coffee table and a few chairs to relax in.. they also put in already an area for children to play and read , I thought that was a great idea..they said being close by the cash out counter all workers can keep an eye on them.. it is not so much in cost for that , I have the same in my place and the costumers love it , it gives them time to look and buy more..I do not have a problem with that at all, I do have clothing in my store, for 6 yrs have no problems..
Old 04-14-2011, 06:13 AM

knowing where to find the patterns I want. I`m looking for the tumbling blocks & window pane patterns and no one know where I can even start looking for them. I bought enough books already and never saw them in there. I know these are popular patterns. I shop at Hobby Lobby, JoAnn`s and Handcock.