View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 11:19 AM
sahm4605

This might seem a bit wired but enough room between the isles to get a stroller around. I have a small one for my son and it is a real pain trying to push him around and carry fabric. And make sure my rd isn't getting into what she shouldn't and not pulling the fq off the shelf because she wants them. As for fabrics I would suggest lots of basics in all the colors and not just a handful. I really like the ones that are almost tonals they help me give depth to all my quilts. I also love Clarence and sales. I would also suggest a few tables in each area or section for people to play with different combos. I like to lay my fabric out and see it all together. Lots of samples are wonderful, but make sure that you have at least two for every type of fabric that you carry. You know floral batik vintage juvi. Things like that. I would say that you should also listen to the locals. Maybe have a couple of order books for your locals to loom threw and see what is up and coming and have paper and a box for fabric suggestions as to what hey would like to see. But that is me. Where in Iowa will you be? I might have to have a stop up there.