View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
hopetoquilt

I quilt as a hobby and hate clutter. These are pictures of my quilting space. It is my dining room and I have fit all of my supplies into my china hutch. (my quilting books are on a bookcase in another room. I make, at most, 2-3 quilts at a time. I just finished an Irish Chain with Seminole border that was 98x118 inches. I love looking at how different everyone's quilting space is. My room also shows how you don't need that much to start quilting. I also came to the realization that I will not do applique or piece curves. I don't have the ability. I have tried and it wasn't fun for me and didn't come out well at all. I LOVE the look of both and greatly admire those who can do both but I didn't enjoy the process. In the future, I would love to get a accucut, a frame for machine quilting and an embroidery machine... then I might have a bit more clutter in the room!!!

Some tools and supplies for embellishing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175252[/ATTACH]

My dining room/quilting room
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175253[/ATTACH]

Boxes for the 3 projects. Just used all scraps for scrap quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175254[/ATTACH]

machine and hand quilt thread separated/pinning and cutting tools
[ATTACH=CONFIG]175256[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-175241.jpe   attachment-175246.jpe   attachment-175247.jpe   attachment-175248.jpe   attachment-175250.jpe