View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 04:08 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I'm not one for tag sales but with all the talk of finding all those beautiful Vintage Singers I just couldn't resist today. I noticed in town that today the local school was having a giant tag sale from 9-4...Got there right at 9:05 and people were already carrying loads of stuff out to their cars. WOW
When I got in there I looked around and saw nothing appealing and I had only one thing in mind...any Singers. As I went thru the whole place just abt to leave going towards the last table, as a man moved "OH MY, there it is"...a black 301 short bed.
I rushed to it to see the price 30.00...OK...does it work? They didn't know so selling "as is"...bobbin case I turn it over nope...OH Well..
But that baby's body was in mint condition, not a knick or scratch...so I scooped her up and brought her home.
Plugged her in light went on...pressed the pedal, nothing...jiggled the wire and hear it start but then noticed the wires were exposed and not in good shape to the pedal...
So she's going to Dr. Singer first thing monday morning to see what it will cost to get her going...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...if not I'll just sell her on ebay "as is" I'm sure I'll get my 30 back.
oh be still my heart...you lucky girl....I am looking for a long bed..would never turn down a short bed for that price...wow..wiring won't be much really...you will be fine...