Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
You made me go to a Tag Sale >

You made me go to a Tag Sale

You made me go to a Tag Sale

Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I'm not one for tag sales but with all the talk of finding all those beautiful Vintage Singers I just couldn't resist today. I noticed in town that today the local school was having a giant tag sale from 9-4...Got there right at 9:05 and people were already carrying loads of stuff out to their cars. WOW
When I got in there I looked around and saw nothing appealing and I had only one thing in mind...any Singers. As I went thru the whole place just abt to leave going towards the last table, as a man moved "OH MY, there it is"...a black 301 short bed.
I rushed to it to see the price 30.00...OK...does it work? They didn't know so selling "as is"...bobbin case I turn it over nope...OH Well..
But that baby's body was in mint condition, not a knick or scratch...so I scooped her up and brought her home.
Plugged her in light went on...pressed the pedal, nothing...jiggled the wire and hear it start but then noticed the wires were exposed and not in good shape to the pedal...
So she's going to Dr. Singer first thing monday morning to see what it will cost to get her going...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...if not I'll just sell her on ebay "as is" I'm sure I'll get my 30 back.
If your Dr doesn't have a bobbin case PM Lostn51 (Billy) I bet he would be able to find one for you.
Old 03-26-2011, 09:04 PM

What luck, like it was there waiting for you. :)
Old 03-26-2011, 09:26 PM

A Beautiful find, hope she gives you many years of fun her :D :thumbup:
Old 03-27-2011, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
I'm not one for tag sales but with all the talk of finding all those beautiful Vintage Singers I just couldn't resist today. I noticed in town that today the local school was having a giant tag sale from 9-4...Got there right at 9:05 and people were already carrying loads of stuff out to their cars. WOW
When I got in there I looked around and saw nothing appealing and I had only one thing in mind...any Singers. As I went thru the whole place just abt to leave going towards the last table, as a man moved "OH MY, there it is"...a black 301 short bed.
I rushed to it to see the price 30.00...OK...does it work? They didn't know so selling "as is"...bobbin case I turn it over nope...OH Well..
But that baby's body was in mint condition, not a knick or scratch...so I scooped her up and brought her home.
Plugged her in light went on...pressed the pedal, nothing...jiggled the wire and hear it start but then noticed the wires were exposed and not in good shape to the pedal...
So she's going to Dr. Singer first thing monday morning to see what it will cost to get her going...I'm keeping my fingers crossed...if not I'll just sell her on ebay "as is" I'm sure I'll get my 30 back.
If your Dr doesn't have a bobbin case PM Lostn51 (Billy) I bet he would be able to find one for you.
Thanks for the info...I'll do that..I'm keeping my fingers crossed she can be fixed and is running in a few wks.