View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 07:01 PM
newbee

Originally Posted by marknfran
Originally Posted by newbee
An amazing thing happened to me yesterday at the big JoAnne's sale. I was at the cutting table next to a woman that had a cart overflowing with novelty cottons. I asked if she was a quilter, and she said no, that she makes kid's sheets for a living. I told her that I like the novelty fabrics to make charity quilts with. She asked me if I wanted scraps from her fabrics, and I said Yes..Yes..Yes!!! So we meet this morning and I end up with over 15 pounds of scraps that are triangles that will produce at least a 3" square. Hundreds and hundreds of scraps!! Yippee!!!! Now, do you wonderful ladies and gents have any ideas of what I can do with them? Nothing fancy--I would like simple but fun ideas for the charity quilts. I am so lucky to have found this free source of fabric and I want to make this generous lady proud.
Do you have close friends that like to get together? With 15 lbs of scraps to cut up, it will take a lot of time. Why not throw a party for cutting up the scraps into the sizes you need after you get a pattern idea? If you lived close, I would love to show up and just cut, cut, cut, while we chat about quilting!
Thanks for the offer, I wish we could get together! I only have one friend that quilts and I'll ask her if she wants to help cut. We always spend the day gabbing, anyway! :wink: