Old 03-27-2011, 02:11 AM
Scrap Happy

It’s been 5 years since I did PP but I enjoyed it. It was a PP pineapple. It is not as complicated as it appears. I cut the pieces more than ¼” larger. I used an index card (the lines are ¼”) to trim the excess fabric because I didn’t know about the add ¼” ruler (great tool for PP!) I trimmed after sewing because that’s what the instructions I used said to do. I pieced the blocks together 1st and then removed the paper. I finished the entire top before removing the paper to keep the fabric from stretching. I learned here that many quilters remove the paper first. It makes blocks more accurate when piecing them together. The quilt was a queen size and that is a lot of paper to remove at one time.

I used a pre-drawn pattern but would use thin copier paper. There is super thin paper at Staples. I’ve never seen it with the reams of paper they sell but had color copies made and was shocked at how thin the paper was. This would be good paper for PP.

You can get some beautiful PP patterns for free on-line here is a link to one: http://www.yvonnes.dk/patterns.htm