Old 03-27-2011, 03:31 AM
NJ Quilter

Originally Posted by Pieceful Quilter
Glad to see you have gotten some good advice and videos to watch. I was intimidated too, but after I got the hang of it, I love, love, love the accuracy of itty-bitty pieces and points. Do I use it all the time? Of course not! I would advise any quilter to learn how to paper piece. It is just one more great option for making wonderful things.
I agree with Pieceful Quilter. Not something at least for me, to use all the time, but certainly has it's time and place. I looked at various tutorials online as well but the only way it made sense for me was to take a class. I'm currently planning another pp project. I don't bother with the add a quarter ruler. I have an 8 in. x 4 in. ruler that I just place 1/4 in past the line and trim with. No need for one more tool that has a very specific purpose. The biggest thing in my mind is pressing after every seam. I set up a small table to the side of my sm and have a small cutting mat as well as ironing surface so I'm not hopping up every 2 minutes. Works for me. Good luck.