Old 03-27-2011, 04:56 AM
kaykwilts

Originally Posted by jpthequilter
Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Originally Posted by Rose L
Very interesting piece of furniture. I am old enough to know what an ink well is but young enough to have used a cartridge pen in school. Makes me wonder what odd things my kids will have knowledge of in the years to come but not have been old enough to use them. I bet records/LPs are one of them. Ha!
just gotta tell ya'll this story.....one day my hubby and oldest son(he was about 7) were in an old "junk" type store...you know, the ones that are really disorganized and messy. Anyway, the son came upon some old 45 records....he held one up and said, "Hey Dad, what kind of a cd is this?" :lol: :lol: My hubby just grinned :wink:
I remember that the music on those old records used to last only a few minutes! How we wished then for records that played a lot longer. At any party or gathering, there was one person assigned the job of just changing records!
Do you remenber those big LPs - long playing 33 rpm - vinyl records with the colorfull pictures printed on the records themselves?
Yep...I remember them...and still own a stack of them that I just can't let go of, even though most of the music I now own on cd. Something about the beautiful artwork and liner notes!! Thank God, Half price books sells glass enclosed frames the size of the album covers...now I can preserve them forever!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry these posts are off topic...again..awesome find :thumbup: :thumbup: