Thread: My "Aha" moment
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM
TonnieLoree

When I bought my Husky/Viking sewing machine 5 years ago, I watched the video that came with it. It got to the part explaining how to use the button hole attachment. I looked everywhere for that rascal, and finally determined that I didn't have one. When I called the store where I made my purchase, I was assured it came with the machine and was in the accessory box. I still didn't find it and sat and fumed for a few months, knowing I had been taken for an expensive ride. Low and behold, one day I flipped a lid on the base of the machine (it was setting in a cabinet, and not readily noticeable to me.) There, along with more bobbins was the button-hole attachment! Prior to my purchase, the machine had been used as a demo at the Sisters Quilt Show, and when it was packed up to return to the shop, not all of the accessories were put back where they belonged. Some were in the box, and others were in the super-secret compartment that only bloodhounds could locate. Yes, I did call and apologize to Morrows Sewing Center. Even though I wasn't rude during my first call about the missing part, I needed to let the salesperson know that the part had been located. Talk about feeling sheepish...........baah, baah.