Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My "Aha" moment

...or maybe I should say, my "duh" moment!
    I bought my sewing machine before I ever started quilting. Have been quilting now for about 9 years, I guess, and I just discovered I have a 1/4" foot in my tool kit! Argghh!!!!

Blog Entries
    Better late than never! Keep smiling and quilting.

LOL Sounds like something I would do.LOL

so now you have your "new" machine!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis
    I bought my sewing machine before I ever started quilting. Have been quilting now for about 9 years, I guess, and I just discovered I have a 1/4" foot in my tool kit! Argghh!!!!
    thats is not as bad as just finding you have a thread cutter on your machine :oops: ..Was watching videos and wishing I had one and took a look and there was mine

Quote Originally Posted by scrapykate
    so now you have your "new" machine!!
    That's one way to look at it!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    We seem to have something in common besides love of quilts! lol :D

Oh, my! When I read this post I thought, "I wonder what a 1/4" foot looks like". Just looked up a pic on the internet. Guess what? I have one of those, and I'VE NEVER USED IT EITHER.

A huge aha for me, too!Thanks for posting!

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Just so you know, 1/4" foot does not guarantee 1/4" seams. I hope yours is, but just to make sure: MEASURE your seams/pieces before you sew a whole bunch of stuff assuming that it is perfect. (Ask me why I'm telling you this, lol)

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Just so you know, 1/4" foot does not guarantee 1/4" seams. I hope yours is, but just to make sure: MEASURE your seams/pieces before you sew a whole bunch of stuff assuming that it is perfect. (Ask me why I'm telling you this, lol)
    Thanks for the tip. I'll double check mine.

This is where I wished we had a "like" button. I did the same. Just discovered my 1/4" foot.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    stop it...I just spit my cheeto out......

lol..I found the thread cutter my accident. Pulled the square up and "accidently" cut the thread and thought OMG what have I done now. Use it all the time now.

Don't feel bad quilters.... I use to give support for one the computer companys and a customer called stating that HE hit the help key and no one showed up.lol :roll:

I just checked and believe I have one, never knew what it was for, that would require finding the manual to read it lol

I know the feeling about going out and getting a Quilting foot 1/4, them finging out you have. One has a single hole for the needle and the one that came with the machine has a hole fo the double needle set up....gheezzz

:lol: Many people assume that the foot that was attached when they first purchased it IS a 1/4 inch. It's only after things don't quite fit right, when they start thinking to test it out or just plain give up the whole plan in frustration.

hey, with the money you saved, go buy fabric! (didn't read all posts, hope this isn't just a repeat message)

Geez, no worries! There's always that little zipper pouch filled with little gizmo's that no-one knows what to do with! There might even be a can-opener in there!

Blog Entries
    It just takes some folks a smidge longer LOL

Lol< at least you found it!

Hey, don't feel bad, I have had my Babyloc for about 3-4 years and I just discovered a year where the thread tension was!!

It sounds like we are all in the same boat, so excited to get to sew on our machines that we forget to see what all we have. Me included!

Quote Originally Posted by sassyg
    Don't feel bad quilters.... I use to give support for one the computer companys and a customer called stating that HE hit the help key and no one showed up.lol :roll:

LOL, LOL...That was really just too amazing...like the lady who told the true story on the GCC forum about the man calling in the service tech for problems with his computer not working and went on and on when the problem was the electricity had gone out of his building....poor tech lost his job because he told the man to take back his computer because he was just to stupid to own a computer. That said I am computer challenged in many ways but this one takes the cake.

At least we can get many good laughs here!

Ladies I was not referring to you not realizing you already had the quarter inch foot....easy to miss but I will say it does pay to read your manual and see what feet are already provided and what they can be used for.....I am not perfect by any means and make more than my fair share of mistakes some far worse that I dare not admit here or anywhere. :(

Blog Entries
    Better late than never :lol: . At least you found it which is more than I can say about a lot of things.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast