Old 03-30-2011, 05:19 PM
stpatmom

Originally Posted by Delilah
Originally Posted by Ladyjanedoe
It's not even just a matter of it NOT being good for one's health. ( and make no mistake, anything that leaves a residue on your floor is also leaving that same crap in your lungs) .Aerosols are also bad for the environment.But I guess it's just ingrained in our culture that it's more important to take a short cut than be socially responsible.That makes me sad.
Whoa! No pointed criticism or moral superiority here! What makes me sad is bending over tables or crawling around on the floor for hours, inserting 2000 safety pins (that will get in the way of quilting) and being in pain with arthritic knees and bad back for days. Sorry dear, love my spray basting, aerosol and all. My standard of acceptance for smoothness and quality of quilting is much higher now with spray basting. It's practically wrinkle proof. If you're getting wrinkles all you need to do is peel back the layers and reposition. I agree with carolaug and susanwilley completely, will never go back to pinning or thread basting.
Thanks Delilah! Well said. I don't believe that just because we choose to do something a certain way that we are not socially responsible (at least in this case). I love spary basting! Saves me time and I get great results.