View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 07:18 AM
Dakota Rose

I have an adopted daughter from Korea and a bio son who is 4 1/2 years older. She was 10 mo old when she came and had been in a foster home in Korea - not in an orphanage. We did not have any problems with her. Our problem was getting a home study done in our state but that was back in the early 70's & so many things have changed. It was a long "pregnancy". As I said, many things have changed including the cost. I can't tell you what a joy she has been. I now have 3 beautiful granddaughters and a little grandson. She does have some medical problems now but not as a child. The Holt agency in Or was so wonderful to work with. It may not be a smooth ride but the trip is well worth every minute of it. You may contact me if you wish. I would recommend that you join an adoptive parents group. You will get lots of support and get a lot of your questions answered by people who are somewhere along in the process. You will find that your questions, frustrations,etc are not yours alone. Good Luck and God will provide if it is the right thing.