View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 08:10 PM
yvonne54

Dear So-Sew,
You sound like a dear lady with so much to give. I can so relate. We have an adopted daughter from South Korea. Her name is Kate and she came at 4 1/2 months of age. We also have 1 biological son. Kate is almost 24 and our son is almost 31. Kate is engaged and planning a wedding right now and this thought came to me as I read your post: Adoption is like a wedding in that you are in what I call "La la land at first". Another saying came to me a few years back having survived the teen years, and that is, Adoption is" like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get." We gave and give so much love and received that kind of love at 1st, and I often wondered why it took us so long to actually proceed with the adoption process. As all kids grow,they develop their own personality and Kate is a very independant young woman. We grew apart, and then together again and we all have learned so much from the process. She has a Korean adopted cousin, but she lives 75 miles away and they too are very different and have grown apart in recent years. I am happy to corespond with you privately more on this topic if you wish, just email me. Good luck, Yvonne