View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 03:56 AM
Yooper32

Originally Posted by Candace
I only do these using Triangulations software. No headaches, that way!
I too thought I would be bald before I got four Ohio stars done for the cornerstones on a quilt. I bought special rulers I bought perfect shape rulers, I spent a small fortune on things to make the perfect half square triangle and still they were a mess. I finally saw someone on here, probably Candace, who mentioned that she only used Triangulations which is a CD that you can only buy at a quilt store. I hurried to my little local quilt store and asked if she carried them, no, but she did order the CD for me and finally, all is well in the world. You can print off papers on your printer for any finished size you want and you can print two of them or 200, however many you want. It is much more cost effective than buying thangles which will give you the same results, but you have to buy a certain amount of them in a pkg. and you have to know what finished size you need. For each different size you may need, you must buy another pkg. of them and if you wish to sew in the evening sometime and don't have the right size, too bad, your quilt shop is closed for the night. Believe me, I will never again dread half square triangles.