View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 05:22 AM
M.I.Late

Originally Posted by taj334
I couldn't resist. After being so disappointed at the Joann's I went to on Friday, I ventured out to another one only to find everything on my list and on sale. The 25% coupon helped me save over 50% on the final bill; about $80.00. But, I made an impulse purchase and picked up their 36 x 60 cutting matt. Now I wonder if it was wise. Do they really help? Any pointers regarding them? Or should I come to my senses and return it?
Be careful with that mat. I think this is the one I just bought. It may not be self healing. I got their mat that is 36 x 60 which was regularly $69. for $35 with a 50% off coupon. It is not however, self healing. We had several people using it for three weeks. Some of the work we did required a box cutter type knife and it went all the way through the mat. I have used self healing mats the same way and they did not slice all the way through. This one did....

Yes! Big mats are absolutely great for me. Especially if I have a group of people working at the same table. Also for stretching out a large piece of material. Also, for pinning a quilt sandwich. As long as it's self healing - the bigger the better for me.