Old 04-01-2011, 05:33 AM
Mattee

A lot of products say that they're safe, or environmentally-friendly, when they may not be. It's a marketing strategy. The spray certainly is much safer than some other products you can buy, but that doesn't mean it does no damage to our environment, particularly if you consider the source of the spray and how it and it's packaging was manufactured and transported. Also, the spray's MSDS sheet says to avoid skin contact and use safety glasses and gloves when using. That doesn't sound harmless to me. The MSDS (http://www.allstitch.net/media/pdf/KK2000_MSDS.pdf) doesn't give the ingredients, but since it's listed as having an "etherical" odor, I assume it contains at least one ether.

And since we're just typing, and you can't hear my tone of voice - I'm not trying to be argumentative or aggressive, just passing information along and providing a different perspective.

Happy basting!

Originally Posted by Rose_P
I use the Sulky KK2000 on small quilts and love it. I'm never going back to anything that has to be removed as I sew. There is no odor. The can says it's safe for the planet - no CFC's or HCFC's, and the can is recyclable. It seems much safer than hair spray. I have not used it on a bigger quilt yet. The only drawback is that it breaks down after a few days. That's also a plus, if getting finished with the quilting promptly is not an issue. I have not had problems with puckers or wrinkles in the quilts I've used it on, and the only stickiness is where it belongs. It works fine on W&N. It's a great product, but if it were not for hefty discounts with the store coupons, I'd never have considered it.