View Single Post
Old 04-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Momsmurf
Originally Posted by sandpat
IMHO...the way you are doing them is waaayyyy too much work. Just do them the way Scissor Queen suggested, sew a long chain of them, cut them apart, press, then trim them to size using your 45 diag. line on your small square ruler. I promise you....this works...I've made tons and tons of them this way. Good luck and do find a way to do it and still have fun, quilting is supposed to be FUN..not stressful or frustrating!
Just what I do also......but one added suggestion:

PRESS - Do not iron. Just press down on the seam to set it and gently press it open. I generally use my fingernail to fingerpress just before hitting it with the iron!

Also, if you have a problem with the piece slipping under the ruller as you are triming the triangle down before pressing it open, use a smaller mat so you can turn the mat to get to the second side instead of crossing your arms. Or, if you have the "lazy susan" type of rotary cutting mat, use that.
I am usually the opposite of everyone else. I NEVER Press I want that sucker as flat as I can get it and I IRON it with everything I have every time.