View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Gerbie

Originally Posted by Pat G
I tried to print off a free quilt pattern yest. & my printer would not copy. I tried with sev. other things & still no copies. Today when I turn my copier on, it is now printing maybe 14 copies of that quilt pattern I tried to get yest. I've even had to reload more paper. How does anybody get a copier to STOP printing even if I hit cancel (& every other button on it)? Very frustrating.
(Now it's printing off numerous baked stuffed mushrooms recipes I tried to get last night. Anybody need a recipe)? LOL
Did you go to the bottom of your monitor in the tool bar where your printer icon is located and click on that this will take you to the printer printing section or at least it does on my computer, anyway, when you get there it should tell you haow many prints or pages are in que, which really means ready to print, or waiting to print, then mine shows pause, cancel printing or delete job. You will need to click on the cancel there or delete job. Sometimes you have to highlight it there.Different printers show different things. Or you can find the printer on your computer under computers section and click on the printer and go to elp to see how your particular printer works. Canceling at the printer usually doesn't work, especially if you have sever pages pending when you tried to print and it failed. The memory is still in the printer, that's why it is continuing to print. You said it printed about 14 copies, then that's how many times you clicked on it to print for you and failed to do so. Hope this helps you out.