View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Butterflyblue

I've experimented with some of the techniques in that book, but on smaller quilts, just to get a feel for the techniques. I am using a variation of one of them for a bed size quilt now.

First quilt is quilted in rows with covering strips on the back to cover the seams.

For the last one, I quilted the center panel with a batting/backing large enough to add the turquoise border with stitch and flip, and then added the outer, wide borders with separate strips of border/batting/backing. It was one one of the techniques where you sew through about six layers (including two of batting). It had a poly batting so the seams weren't really very bulky, as they would have been if the batting had been cotton. On the back (which I didn't take a picture of, unfortunately) the seams in the backing fabric show, but there are no covering strips, so it looks "nicer" that way, if you don't like the look of covering strips on the back (they don't bother me).

Quilted in Rows
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178783[/ATTACH]

back of that one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178784[/ATTACH]

quilt with poly batting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178785[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-178777.jpe   attachment-178778.jpe   attachment-178779.jpe