View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 01:02 PM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by SueSew
uh-oh, I was planning on using the barn, where I can make a mess and Mr Fussy (my husband) won't care. It's cold in there! Thanks for the tip. Well, time to get planning.
Thanks again
Sue
you could use the barn, away from draft, and put some heating pads on a table, cover with a thick towel and a cheap plastic table cloth, then using a cheap (dollar store) plastic cat litter pan or old roasting pan, do low water immersion dying in ziploc bags put the bags in the pan on the heating pads and then cover with a towel and the heat should stay while they 'batch" for 24 hours!

I have to be creative and have done lots of different things..especially when I started dying while living in the Alaska bush..winter was the best time to dye, but it would get down to -70! I just used the top of my freezer and covered with heavy blankets and the temps stayed good....

here is some "eye candy" to keep you motivated!

done with discharge dying, water color pencils, and ink!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179134[/ATTACH]

this piece was painted, dyed, then discharged, and colored back in with pencils and ink!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179135[/ATTACH]

hand dyed brights on black
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179136[/ATTACH]

fabrics dyed to match the polka dotted fabric for a guild challenge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]179137[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-179128.jpe   attachment-179129.jpe   attachment-179130.jpe   attachment-179131.jpe