View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 07:00 AM
marty_mo

crazyquilter ~ sorry to hear about your Janome whoas! My first "real machine" was a Pfaff...I absolutely love the machine and it too is a work horse in for the long haul. I never expected to venture beyond the Pfaff models. However I had the opportunity to purchase a Singer Futura and I was ready to toss the baby out the window...I could not get it to work right. I finally followed the directions step by tedious step and few self lessons later and some assistance from a Yahoo group I realized my problems were just that my problems and not related to the machine. Once I realized that it was the user error the Singer was a fine machine and provided me with a couple years of great designs. In January of this year I upgraded to a Janome 350e and I find it to be a great machine. I too had problems with my first design in knowing which color to use next...watch the front display and the area that is the darkest is the area that you are about to stitch. The other problem I had that I assumed was tension related because it was pulling up to much bobbin thread was actually related to using the wrong type of stablizer. After getting the stabilizer straightened out I was off and stitching. Do you belong to any Yahoo groups? If not I would suggest joining any group related to Janome. The groups have been a wealth of assistance with my machines. I am sure that there are lemons out there regardless of the product or brands but overall I think Janome produces a great product. Oh by the way...I also have a 6600 on my quilt frame. Good Luck!!!!!