Thread: slump
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 09:12 AM
charity-crafter

Yes, I hit my slump about October. I know exactly what caused it. I spent a long weekend finishing up a couple QOV tops, pieced the backs, bound 5 quilts from the LA.

Hubby pops in to see what I'm doing since he hasn't seen much of me over the weekend. I show him what I've accomplished..which I'm quite proud of myself. And he grunts and nods. I'm like hey don't you like them? (silly me, not the question to ask this man-I know this, why do I set myself up? He thinks quilting is not a very efficient use of time.) He says, "It's all production sewing, nothing orginal, nothing that improves yourself"

So I told him, "It's quilting, what do you expect? These are very popular patterns." He liked my science quilt but that's about it. I finished a periodic table quilt also, and he almost like it but had to critique it-you should have
used grey here and did something chemistry in the backgroud... I'm not a fabric designer! I do what I can with what's available and I know he'd have a fit if I
went to spoonflower and designed something and paid $18 a yard for it.

"Ok, you can go back upstairs again because I have more production sewing to finish. You just annoyed me. Go! now! up!"

And sadly, I haven't really gotten back into the swing. I start to do something then lose interest. So I'll be reading all these posts to get my quilting mo-jo back too.