Old 04-05-2011, 06:35 PM
hpylady

I was in Webb's Auction Co. in Pinetops, N.C. a real old antique store, looking at a box of old aprons and table scarfs and lo and behold, there it was, this stepstool-chair-ironing board that I have been looking for ever since this post started the first page.

The box of old aprons and scarf's were sitting on top of it. I let out this big sigh and said "Oh my gosh"! I asked the attendant how much because there was no tag on it. She had to call her client, and the client said $45.00 but if she buys it today, I will let it go for $25.00. I said "I'll take it"! Oh happy day!

I've been using it set next to my sewing machine to press my seams. Perfect fit! I have the big board that is an ironing board and a cutting board on the other side of my sewing machine.

The thing was, I had been in the auction place about 3 times and never saw it sitting there. I had looked in the box of aprons all three times and never noticed it.

It has several names for it. It is called "The Jefferson Chair" too. I was told that Thomas Jefferson designed it because the homes back then were so small and it was a space saver. I have also seen the names Onit, The Batchler Chair, The Ben Franklin Chair. This one is real old too. It has a label on the bottom of the chair and I was trying to read it underneath and tore it. It is so old that the paper was so thin and brittle, it popped apart like old paint. The label says: By Crafty Aid and has a patented No. on it. No.2,024,960 maufactured by Allen Industries or something like that. Says: Others pending. Ok, I don't know how old,but it looks really old.

I will post a picture when my husband will help me with this new laptop. I just toasted my other one with this stactic in my body. Just popped me and the laptop with two big pops when I touched it.