View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Tropical

I have posted here a couple of times that I was trying to complete six quilts for my Grand and Greatgrand children by June when we go visit them in Michigan. Well, I haven't learned the skills yet that go beyond piecing the tops so that was an impossible thing for me to attempt. I was beginning to talk to my DH about how I would have to make my quilting into a job just to even get close to finishing. Well, my DH told me he would be unhappy if I continued to stress myself over the task I had set for myself. He reminded me that I had started quilting for my own enjoyment of learning something new and creative. All he had to say was that he would be unhappy if I stressed myself. It made me realize that what I was attempting and probably starting to complain about affected him as well as myself. Since our main goal in our marriage has always been to make each other happy, I knew I wasn't doing that by stressing myself out over something that didn't need to be done at all. So I promised him I would stop what I was doing and would return to enjoying my quilting. So I am now much more relaxed and I am going back to the part of my quilting I love the best which is applique of small projects which I plan to make into wall hangings for my quilting room. I will complete the six quilts, but I will most likely donate them to the local Ronald McDonald House. That was my initial plan. My grandchildren don't know about them anyway. This is one more reason to feel blessed that I have the Love of my DH.