Old 04-07-2011, 09:41 AM
suezquilts

[quote=feline fanatic]. I can't see spending the extra $$ on computer guided without first finding out that I might just LA great without one and so far so good, besides I don't think I want CG, I feel it removes all the artistry out of the quilting process.

quote]

I disagree with the lack of artistry of the computer assisted design. I felt that way before purchasing one myself. I envied the skill of a computer. To make my designs the same over an over again looking the exact same way is difficult free hand, I did it that way for many years.
Many purchase it for different reasons, mine was a "fun" health issue that prevented me from standing the long hours. I had 22 or more quilts at one time, going 6 months out.
We have to realize that 15 yrs ago (or so) when Long arms started out, Hand quilters were sicken by the thought of this.
Just as when the sewing machine was made to lessen the work of the women, so now the computer is assisting us, even in the quilting area. Embroidery is done by a computer also, but it is still embroidery perfectly done.
Enjoy the Art!
Sue