View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:01 PM
Rosyhf

hahahah I bet you thought a horror movie was coming up?
Well, I have finally decided to create and design my own fairy doll. Not that I am going to stop making other designer's dolls, I love them all.

I might post a tut on my blog at a later date, on how to design a doll face.

Anyway, I started with a three inch head, sketched inside a rectangle. After I got it the way I wanted it, I cut it in half and put a profile on one side and tweaked here and there and started to make the first head. I numbered each model and pattern for reference.

A three inch head means that the doll will be 21 inches tall to be anatomically correct, (oh oh, there I go with my correctness hahaha) Anyway, after I made the first head, I traced another pattern from it and make adjustments to it ...bigger nose etc.

When I got to the 5th head, I liked it, it had enough chin etc.but I kept going. I made bigger noses lol and #6 came out too big alltogher....hahahah....my hubby was laughing his A off....

Then I would sculpt and paint the face right away and discovered all sorts of neat things. I got the perfect color for the cheeks, well the color I like and so on....I got the nose down to a science in sculpting etc.....

Anyway here is the result of my experiement

look at that nose, I gave the next model more chin
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180751[/ATTACH]

the 9th head magically appeared hahahh
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180971[/ATTACH]

I wonder where th 9th head is? lol. Second row the middly head is the one I like the best.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]180972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-180745.jpe   attachment-180965.jpe   attachment-180966.jpe