View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 03:59 PM
shawnemily

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by lucy78
also whitch way do you put it on , so that is coming off the spool right.?
Imagine a jar of peanut butter. You want to open it up and take out a huge spoon full. Which way did you turn the lid? My peanut butter un-screws by turning to the left, or counter-clockwise. When I want to put the lid back on I turn it to the right or clockwise so the ants don't invade it. Your spool is sitting there, minding it's own business and has decided to invade your peanut butter. NO! No! NO! you yell. I must protect my peanut butter. The spindle that the thread is perched upon is the jar of peanut butter. It unscrews by turning to the left (counter-clock wise). The thread must be placed so that it comes off the top and the spool is now turning clockwise. If you place it on facing the opposite direction, then your spindle will unscrew it self and send your spool shooting off into the abyss of the unknown. Your peanut butter will now be unprotected and you will have one of those WTF? moments. And the ants win. Is this clear? ;-)
That is fun way to describe it!! LOL I will think of peanut butter every time i put a new spool on my machine!!!