View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 11:14 PM
milp04

Originally Posted by GGinMcKinney
My husband was an Eagle Scout. His patches were all sewn on to his sash. They wore the sash with the uniform back then. We took his sash, photo of his ceremony for Eagle, his cap, 8 x 10 of his troop, the Mother's pin etc. and had a shadow box made with matting in scout colors, green yellow & red. It is awesome! He is retired and a sr. citizen, this still proudly hangs in our den.

I recently saw a gentleman's sash in a shadow box at his funeral. His grandson's are now in scouting. I think when they are kept in the shadow box they are more likely to be kept safe and sound and when hung on the wall a remembrance whenever looked upon.

The red vest is generally not worn much and therefore just kept in the closet and never seen or remembered.

I personally would do the sash with all the den information etc. If you get a nice shadow box, it can be kept in the box, taken out to add patches and for when needed to be worn for the special occasions.

Try to get as much information as possible now as to when each patch was earned and keep with the sash. This information will be much appreciated later on in life.

Good luck with the patches and to the scouts!

Pam M