View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 10:59 AM
milp04

I'm so glad that Andy is ok and was not harmed. You need to get a drink of something, calm down and cuddle with Andy all day long.

Your fostering is commendable, but I agree that you and your family, even the dogs, need to come first. I would return the foster as soon as possible.

If the lady who heads this has this kind of attitude then I would think again about fostering for her. I would imagine that there are other programs or ways to foster in your area. You may need to search them out but I would not foster for someone who does not appreciate my efforts.

They need to know and should want to know when a dog is aggresive to anyone, human or dog, for placement purposes. Without doing so put someone else in harms way. This dog should be placed in a single care foster situation until he can be fully evaluated. If the aggresiveness continues then alternative measures may need to be considered. I would not want to have fostered such an dog and then later find out that it injured a small child.

I think I would take a break from being a foster home for a while. If the lady asked you why I would tell her directly. Foster homes are not easy to come by and her attitude needs to change. Her attitude shows a lack of concern for those who are providing foster homes for her and the program. Does she carry this same attitude elsewhere?

Your feelings are just normal for what you and Andy have just been through. Give your attention and love to Andy.

Pam M