View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:02 PM
justflyingin

I think that some have differentiated by calling them controlled scrappy or just random scrappy. Even the OP's avatar looks like controlled scrappy as she has lights and darks and and offwhites, etc all which combine to make a pattern.

I've really been enjoying all the scrappy quilts, comments, etc. as I've vowed to get control of my scraps (which are mostly leftovers from the cutting off backings of charity quilts, or pieces leftover after cutting out other things), or pieces given to me which are in random shapes, sizes, etc. I've even cut up panels that I don't like into 1.5" strips to use them up because they were 100% cotton and perfectly good--just nothing I liked.

Worked on one today that uses 1.5" strips and want to use the red around the 5.5" squares--a more or less copy of an idea someone else posted here with in the last week or so. The red will create the squares in the midst of non-matchy fabrics.:) It's turning out quite neat. When I finish up all the current scrappy quilts I'm doing, I'll post.