View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:50 PM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dgmoby
Originally Posted by thequilteddove
There are times that a customer's top has really full borders and/or fullness through out their tops that it's impossible not to get tucks/puckers. It isn't always something that is easily evident until it's loaded on to the LA table.
I would agree with this, except to say there is a difference between a well-placed and executed 'tuck' and a pucker that 'just happened'. A well placed tuck can be pretty much invisible, when done well. But, a pucker that just happened, well - that's what it looks like :)
I am dealing with this very scenario right now. Quilt center finished up with all bias edges and must have made the borders really wonky. Once on the rack it was evident how bad it was. The edges looked like the wavey edges of lasagna noodles while the center was nice and flat and taunt on the rack! I contacted my friend and told her I could work around by putting in spaced tucks in the border only and once quilted they look like cross seams in the border. She agreed. I am almost done with it but wow what a learning experience it has been as this is only my 6th quilt on the LA.