Old 03-07-2009, 07:10 AM
Arizona Sunrises

Originally Posted by Skeat
I have bought the basting spray to see if I would like it too...haven't used it yet..but, will soon!:)Here's my question(s)...how much do you spend on a can (about) for the can I bought seems very pricey! And, do you still pin in place or something after your spray...say for a full size quilt?Thanks Skeat
I paid $13.75 for the can, but the other LQS was out out of stock, and they it's $12 when they have it.

I didn't pin the baby quilt, but I think I'd put a few around the border of a larger one. Not because the spray won't hold, but because I know I'm not spraying the edges as well as I should since I don't want to deal with the cleanup.

It is an expensive product, but, with my extremely limited experience, it makes things so much easier to sandwich. I stitch in the ditch instead of the fancy quilting--I don't have the time, patience, or a long-arm to do it. Absolutely zero puckers so far.

Less time sandwiching. No time repinning. No time digging out the stitches to get rid of the pucker. Definitely worth the cost.