View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:33 AM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by erstan947
Love baby quilts. I think teal and chocolate are wonderful colors for baby:) Keep us posted....
IMO, teal is a bit too girly, but what about the lime green and chocolate that's so in fashion right now?

I usually do a simple pattern for most of my baby quilts, using a focus/print fabric and a solid or TOT or small print coordinate. I've made a checkerboard center (like 5x5 blocks about 5-6" square) with an inner border of 1 to 2" and an outer border of 4 to 6" to make a quilt around 40" square. Sizes just depend on how much I've got of each fabric plus the print size of the focus fabric (I like the border and the squares to be big enough to show them).

I usually make the quilts between about 40" square up to 40" x 50".

Other simple quilts would be to alternate a four patch block (or other simple block - pinwheel, hourglass, 9-patch, etc.) with a large square with just a simple 1 or 2 borders.

Why don't you try image googling "easy baby quilts" and find some that you like? You can also image google on color - say "chocolate lime green quilt" or whatever colors you're thinking about to give you more ideas.