View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 11:18 AM
Dee Dee

Thanks for letting me know about the book. It sounds like an interesting method.

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Originally Posted by Dee Dee
Thanks Amma. I've heard Wedding Ring quilts are quite a challenge, but beautiful. Have you made one?

Originally Posted by amma
Don't let the word curve throw you off :wink: They are not that hard to do, and these are nice wide curves, not little tiny ones :D:D:D
Check out Cheryl Phillips' wedding ring quilt . I purchased her book, that comes with templates, a few years ago and made one for my daughter. You sew the fabric together in strips, then use the arc template and cut the arcs out. It was not that difficult, but very time consuming, but I was working then, and didn't get to work on it that much. The name of the book is "Rings That Bind", by Cheryl Phillips of Phillips Fiber Arts. She lives in Colo. I'm sorry I can't give you the exact web site to get to, but I can't find my book right now. This was easy to do using her method I thought.
What ever you do if you decide to make one, no matter whose pattern you use, PREWASH all of your fabric and use the RETAYNE when you do. Ask me just how I know. I am still trying to get some of the bleed out of my daughters quilt from the first time it was washed, and believe me ALL of the fabric was washed before I cut any, but I didn't know about RETAYNE then.