Thread: Color?
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 08:40 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by tweezy50
I have been watching this board for a while now and have come to the conslusion that alot of what makes a quilt pretty, beautiful, or gorgeous are your color combinations. Seems like most of you can take the simplest pattern and make it stand out by your color combinations. Mine on the other hand are .........yawnable, if there is such a word. I've got the light, medium, and dark down, but how do you decide which colors will "pop"? Please let me in on the secret. Apparently color coordinating wasn't one of the genes I picked up.
Would it be of any value to you to look at some larger prints--------any fabric content-----------and see what colors a designer has put together to produce a pretty flower or an eye catching geometric? For that matter, how about going to an art gallery and looking at the paintings that catch you eye. In a landscape you might find colored flowers that make a picture stand out. In an abstract you might find two opposites and a third color to reallty pop--------such as black and white with hot pink (or lime, or orange, or red or ......)