View Single Post
Old 04-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Annya

Originally Posted by jpechlin
Hi everyone. I just wanted to see how the Janome machine owners like their machines. I have been repairing home and commercial machines since 1999 and I love the Japanese machines. Out of the home machines I have serviced, the old Viking and singer machines are built very well. But out of all the newer machines, Janome seems to have a better built machine. It also seems like many of the Bernina models are made in the same factory.
If you own a Janome... I would like to know what your opinion is of the operation and dependability. The reason I'm asking...is that we are looking at selling the 4-needle Janome as our low end commercial machine. I know they manufacture for the commercial company Melco, so it should be a good machine. But I just wanted to get a response from the members here.

Thanks.
I have had several Janome sewing machines and they have all been good machines.I have had no problems at all. My 8000 embroidery machine was the only one that died but it was second hand when I bought it from a friend, it lasted 5 years before the mother board died. I now have a brand new 6600P for 2 yeas and no problems have come up YET.