Thread: Thread question
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 07:40 PM
RugosaB

I was at Joann's today, and bought a spool of this pretty variegated thread. It says
Coats & Clark
Machine Quilting
1200 yds
Mercerized cotton

Everything on line I find says for 'long arm quilters'

My question is, do you think this would work ok on my home machine (for free motion quilting), or should I just take it back without opening it?

I also bought some Coats & Clarks variegated thread that says Machine Embroidery, 40 wt trilobal Polyester Brazil. Same question, do you think it would work on my home machine for free motion quilting?

(I admit to succumbing to the pretty colors, and not really thinking this through before buying, I mean, they were on SALE!)

I have to say how well I was trated at the Joann's today. A couple of months ago, I explained to a gal, that I think is the manager, that I hadn't been in in a coupole of years because of the accident I was in (with a traumatic brain injury) She took care of me today, even remembered about my accident, and without doing it obviously, kind of helped me with the credit card machine. She did tell me that a lot of the people that come in there she has to help. I don't know if she was just being nice or what, but I felt so....so...welcome.
Then she told me her husband had worked for 25 yrs at a place, and lost his job, after a year found another, and just got word that he's no longer needed there either. What could I do, I just told her that my husband says the refinery where he works, will be hiring sometime this year.