View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Bonlou

Originally Posted by ctack2
The videos I've see for fun and done show that you do the piecing and quilting at the same time. If you want to do the 4 patch posies, you would already have the piecing done, and you would be just doing the quilting as you sewed the 3 layers together. Just make sure your posie squares are the same size as the batting and fabric template in the fun and done set. Then cut your batting with the template and the backing with the other template. Stack them together and following the fun and done directions and quilt together. After you get all the blocks done that way, join the blocks together the fun and done way.
As usual, I know what I'm trying to say, but I'm probably as clear as mud! lol
ctack2, Thanks for your help. I do understand what you are saying as I've made a fun and done quilt this past winter. Now, if I can figure out how to do the posie squares. :-) I have the size figured out so now just have to try it. What bothered me was with the fun and done way I did before I would quilt it as I went along sewing on each piece. But, this way that would not happen. So, I'll have to be careful to get the 4 posies centered and not let them move while I try to quilt it.

I do not know how to do regular quilting, so I will have to figure out something. I will be using the sewing machine to do it. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

:| Thanks.