Old 04-14-2011, 10:40 PM
Xylie55

Fire ants are dangerous and a pest for sure.They knock out our good ant colonies that we need,and get into everything.We can't even go to our sheds without being attacked.4 times last yr my hubby who is 84 had them up in his pants and all over his back and front belly,arms,neck,head,etc, inside his shirt biting and attacking him.I have to make him strip and get into the shower after getting as many off as fast as possible,while he's stripping (outside,but out of sight).And our poor pets.I have to watch them too and spray the porch 2 X a month.I use the ANT and SPIDER spray from Walmart at $1.99 a can.I move their dishes for 2 days when I spray,then put them back after 2 days.I destroy every colony after pounding and vibrating the ground to bring them UP.I spray them heavily,wait while it does it's job,a couple hrs or more or less.Then I take a hose with a jet stream and demolish the compound.That takes care of them. Till the new colony crops up.But this year I want to stop them from entering the property.Their just now starting to come.I'm sure a lot of us could benefit from someone who can help us out.Their all over the southwest and half way up north.Any ideas?Thanks