View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 03:58 AM
karenpatrick

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I thought I would let the conversation go on for a little bit before I posted the *other* thing that Moda told me.

They said that these two lines are still scheduled to print on 75x75:
- Dogwood Trail
- Summer Breeze II

(And yes, if you were wondering, it is Summer Breeze that is the beautiful but lightweight group we received.)

I was further told that Moda has discovered that most of their customers (and this probably means LQS owners) prefer their customary 60x60 and so they were going to use that, going forward on other new lines.

I asked about all the future lines that I have on order now and was told that all of them are going to be on 60x60. I didn't ask about ALL their future lines, just the ones that I have ordered. So maybe it's just these pretty florals that they decided to do on 75x75?

I'd like to find out what sort of information I can provide that would be most helpful to online shoppers: thread count or weight per square yard, or both.

We could certainly weigh our first 1-yard cut on the fabrics we receive... but that won't help us provide the weight information ahead of time for customers that want to pre-order.
I just looked up the Summer Breeze fabric line and it's very similar with some of the same fabrics as the Sunshine fabric line that I bought last year in a jelly roll. I bought a couple of them for my quilt and it seemed as though some of the fabs seemed thinnner than others in the jelly rolls but I thought it was my imagination. Guess I was wrong. Where do you go on an on-line store's website to find out the weight of the fabric? Or do you have to go to the fabric maker's website to find this out? It's a lot to think about. Thanks for bringing up this topic.