View Single Post
Old 04-16-2011, 10:19 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by marla
If the LA was a quilter, they would have seen if there was bias. Unless they don't know, then they are not a quilter.
The quilt I was working on did not have bias edges. The border was cut straight of grain (well actually they were precut 2 1/2 strips so most likely cut LOF). But when she assembled the quilt before the border was on the edges were all on the bias. She was a brand new quilter, this was only her 2nd quilt so she probably never realized what had happened and I suspect cut her border strips to match the edges of the quilt top instead of measuring them out and cutting them by measurement. It all worked out in the end with 3 well placed tucks in each long side and 1 well placed tuck on the top. It was a valuable learning experience for me as a new LAer to be faced with such a predicament early on. I knew as soon as I saw the quilt it had been biased edge pre-border attachment. It just didn't occur to me that the borders may not have been eased in properly until of course I got that baby on the rack. :lol: