Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 PM
LucyInTheSky

In my LQS, I saw a pattern for a shadow box quilt and they said it was good to showcase a fabric (or multiples - whatever goes in the big box). Well, a year later, I have a fabric that I want to showcase and I want to put it in a shadow box

What I'm wondering is a) how big should I make the squares (I was originally thinking of 5.5", finish at 5" ) and how big for the shadow (maybe 2.5" ?? ). Especially with the shadow, I'm not sure how large it should be compared to the squares... half ... 2:5... 1:5... I know I'm overthinking, lol. So anyway, what are your thoughts?

I did a mock up of the block in Paint, which is below. Between the pink and black would be a neutral (in the picture - white), which would be used as sashing and inner border as well. On my computer, the white really blends in with the board's background, so I wanted to clarify

I did a quick google search, and here's a link (about 4 pictures down) that shows a finished shadow box quilt, for those of you who need the whole picture :) http://barbarabrackman.blogspot.com/...rints-and.html

The Block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185207[/ATTACH]

With some extra lines to show the block and background
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185208[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-185201.bmp   attachment-185202.bmp