View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 09:13 AM
roselady

While hand quilting and dealing with very sore underneath fingers, I went in search of help. I tried "Aunt Becky", couldn't use that, my needle kept slipping and made terrible stitches. I tried using the plastic sticky pads, but the needle would get stuck on an edge of it. I read about Jinny Beyer using a spoon but I didn't want to spend more money and end up not being able to use it(T J's quilting spoon). I had my husband cut about half the handle off of an old teaspoon, then for comfort I put a pencil cushion (don't know what they are called) on what was left of the handle. It works great!!! I love it. There are certain times that I have to go back to using my fingers, when I can't get the spoon in the right position, but, the spoon works great 99% of the time. Since my spoon worked so well I decided to buy the "real" quilters spoon, but I don't like it as well as mine, the angle of the handle is different and doesn't fit me as well. My spoon didn't get scratched for a long time, and even when it did, it didn't cause a problem, it is stainless.