View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 11:16 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftyone27
I just did an online search and found a site that says a baby aspirin - one every three days - is OK for cats. I am thinking of breaking one into pieces and giving him about a third of one, just to see if it helps. Right now just watching and waiting - hoping it will get better.
I would not experiment. If the cat is growling every time you touch his leg and is normally a good natured cat you have something more wrong then baby aspirin will heal. You can try giving it 24 hours if you see no visible swelling or wound. Keep the cat inside. Do not give any OTC meds as you can very easily, inadvertently poison your furbaby.

Edited to add: If you have a good relationship with your vet, call them. You may be able to work out a payment plan to get your cat treatment.

Also watch the rimadyl. It is not safe for any animal IMHO. Just do a google search on Rimadyl toxicity in dogs. DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES GIVE IT TO YOUR CAT. It will kill him most likely.

It will be quite eye opening how many people have lost their beloved dogs to this drug. I am one! It was quite ugly and heart breaking. I warn every pet owner I know about the dangers of Rimadyl. The vet calls it a miracle drug, I say it is a miracle if your dog survives it.