View Single Post
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

I participated in an international round robin last year with a group of friends- last october my quilt and two others were sent out from the United Kingdom- back to the states- and for what ever reason were held in customs for months. we had just about given up on them- and were quite sad- (after all, our quilts are such national security risks)
anyway...YEA! they were finally released and sent on to us to be able to finish these up. I was so excited to receive mine- I had learned to do "Hawaiian applique and made a couple blocks - then did not know what to do with the blocks- i used one for my rr. (i thought i would really challenge my friends) they are so talented! not one of them shared my (i just don't know what to do) problem- they all knew just what to do to make me a WONDERFUL quilt!
i do need to add one final border (i love the last border on it! - seems a hard act to follow) i want to add another 8" all around just to make it fit the bed with more overhang---any ideas?
i was thinking about making another border like the one that has the (2) green strips with a brown in the middle- but reversing that--using 2 brown strips with a green one inbetween...what do you think? or other ideas that would be better?

round robin 2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]187147[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-187141.jpe