Thread: Best Friends
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 AM
hheelleenn

Originally Posted by denise d
I was friends with my best friend from the age of 3.

Sadly she was killed in 2008, so we only had 30 yrs together.

Funny this came up today, I have some things going on and I really wanted to talk to her. She still has a way of checking in when I need her. ;)
That's so sad. To have had a best friend, to have a little taste of it and to have it snatched away.I really have no best friend. I saw Oprah yesterday. I realized I haven't since my mom died, twenty years ago. I have "friends" for thirty five or more years. But does that mean they are "best"? As I reflect on it I have been disappointed by my "friends"

No kids. No nieces or nephews. I have been married for 36 years. I love my husband but is it more habit or need? I am disabled by MS and I've progressed to a wheelchair. He has become more a caregiver than a husband.

Oldest brother died, youngest brother lives across the country.Who to call when I have to talk? When I'm sad? Wow, how could I have gone so long and not realize it?

Does anyone really want the best for me? I've never felt that.At least you had a best for a few years. What an awakening to realize that. I can't seem to stop thinking of it. I guess it's knowing the reason I felt like I was missing something.
I'm hoping now that I've shared, my pain will ease.