Best Friends

Old 04-15-2011, 07:47 PM

Just wondering how many of you have at least one best friend for over 65 years ? Haven't had a sister so Heaven sent me one. There used to be three of us but sadly we lost one in 2004.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:52 PM

I have no biological sisters, but I do have three bestest friends that are better than most sisters. However, your
for over 65 years' friend is record-making. I am so happy for you both. Many more years is wished you.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 PM

Wow... 65 years is a record I think! I had my best friend for 42 years until we lost her last year to breast cancer. I don't have any sisters either.... she was the best! Sure leaves a huge hole in your heart and your life when you lose them! I still start to call her every day.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM

Almost. One special friend for 64 years. We met when we were 10 years old & are in touch almost every day by email, even tho we are many miles apart.

I have several close friends for 40 years. It is wonderful to have such special relationships, since I have no sisters.
Marilyn
Old 04-16-2011, 03:03 AM

My best friend is a lady I met thru her blog. We live in Ohio but have never met we talk on the phone once a week. She is a quilter too.
Old 04-16-2011, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by darlenewitt2004
Wow... 65 years is a record I think! I had my best friend for 42 years until we lost her last year to breast cancer. I don't have any sisters either.... she was the best! Sure leaves a huge hole in your heart and your life when you lose them! I still start to call her every day.
I know just what you mean !!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:36 PM

I was friends with my best friend from the age of 3.

Sadly she was killed in 2008, so we only had 30 yrs together.

Funny this came up today, I have some things going on and I really wanted to talk to her. She still has a way of checking in when I need her. ;)
Old 04-17-2011, 09:53 AM
Power Poster

You are so blessed :D:D:D
Old 04-22-2011, 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by denise d
I was friends with my best friend from the age of 3.

Sadly she was killed in 2008, so we only had 30 yrs together.

Funny this came up today, I have some things going on and I really wanted to talk to her. She still has a way of checking in when I need her. ;)
That's so sad. To have had a best friend, to have a little taste of it and to have it snatched away.I really have no best friend. I saw Oprah yesterday. I realized I haven't since my mom died, twenty years ago. I have "friends" for thirty five or more years. But does that mean they are "best"? As I reflect on it I have been disappointed by my "friends"

No kids. No nieces or nephews. I have been married for 36 years. I love my husband but is it more habit or need? I am disabled by MS and I've progressed to a wheelchair. He has become more a caregiver than a husband.

Oldest brother died, youngest brother lives across the country.Who to call when I have to talk? When I'm sad? Wow, how could I have gone so long and not realize it?

Does anyone really want the best for me? I've never felt that.At least you had a best for a few years. What an awakening to realize that. I can't seem to stop thinking of it. I guess it's knowing the reason I felt like I was missing something.
I'm hoping now that I've shared, my pain will ease.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 AM

Originally Posted by Darlene
My best friend is a lady I met thru her blog. We live in Ohio but have never met we talk on the phone once a week. She is a quilter too.
That is awesome!