View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 03:38 PM
Ann L

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
I have a Pfaff Creative 7550 that I purchased in the late 90's. I seem to have alot of problem with it pulling fabric down into the feed dogs as I start while piecing or joining blocks. This is not a new problem as my machine has always tended to do this and when I only worked on 1 or 2 projects a year I just dealt with it but now that I am trying to complete more projects it has become very bothersome. Now here are my questions;
1. Have others with this machine or similiar experienced this? (or does my machine need to go the the Pfaff doctor?)
2. I know there is a single hole plate available, has anyone purchased it and did it solve the problem? (I don't mind spending the money to solve the problem but if nothing changes I would rather buy fabric.)
3. While piecing do Pfaff owners have the IDT engaged or disengaged?
Sorry that this is so long, but I really like my machine and if I could get a solution for this little issue I like we can be happy together for years to come.
I had the same machine until Jan when one of the boards died that they can't replace. It would only do it if you started it right on the edge of the fabric for me. Otherwise it was great. I miss it. I do have a Pfaff 2.0 now. Very nice as well.