View Single Post
Old 04-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Pat G

Originally Posted by candlequilter
Beautiful job on your folded dahlia. I make one yesterday to using the tute dragonquilter posted. I really liked it, but being the economic minded person that I am (especially with the price of fabric going up) I think I am going to try doing it again with smaller squares for the first 2 or 3 rounds and work up to the 6" square for the last round. If I find that I need more fullness I might cut a diamon shape of extra leftover batting to put in each petal. Once I try it that way I will post both pictures to let everyone know if it worked or not.

Thanks for sharing,
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Sherryl, my fabrics were just pulled out of my stash & wasn't convinced they'd work. I have a feeling almost anything put together would look good.
I used dragonquilter's directions, too. but had a big prob. When I got down to the bottom 3 or 4 pcs. to put in, the bottoms wouldn't come together so I knew I was doing something wrong. Lori tried to help me but the only way I made it work was to fan out the lower pcs. to make them meet.
If somebody can clue me in on what I was doing wrong, I'd sure appreciate it. I'm excited about making another one but hope I can get around the prob. Lori's rows were perf. on her orange one.